Photo: OH4HEAL Project Presenting its Major Intervention Areas
With the objective of creating synergy among One Health (OH) implementing agencies in the arid and semi-arid areas of Kenya, Amref Health Africa (the implementing agency of OH4HEAL program in Kenya) and other partners co-organized a joint planning workshop with the Frontier Counties Development Cooperation (FCDC) on the 23rd and 24th January, 2023. The two days planning meeting, which took place at Maxoil Hotel in Nanyuki, Laikipia County, focussed on unpacking the activities that partners have and plan for mutual activity implementation and cost sharing among the partners.
In a bid to identify and realize areas of collaboration and synergy, partners presented detail of their interventions that are in line with climate change, human and animal health:
- SNV presented on the interventions they are doing on WASH and livelihoods;
- SOMIRENEC made a presentation focused on peace components and how it relates to climate change;
- ILRI presented on the rangeland component that it is implementing under the OH4HEAL program;
- AMREF presented its OH interventions on OH4HEAL and CCOH programs, and
- FCDC presented immediate priority areas in its programming
The joint planning workshop managed to identify areas of mutual interest that could create an opportunity to work together, reduce cost of operations and facilitate cross learning and leveraging on the experience and strengths of each other. In a bid to take this forward, a draft implementation strategy was developed with clear areas of interest, activities and responsibilities of the different actors. The draft strategy is set out to be refined by the partners before final publication.
Isiolo HEAL team
Regional HEAL team
Congratulations the Isiolo HEAL team! This is great to avoid duplication of efforts and create synergy!